I have read, and agree to, the following terms.
All instructional and training services and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by Heidi Kalyani and/or *heart wide open* (hereafter “Heidi”), are designed to support you in creating personal transformation. However, training and coaching are not professional mental health care or medical care. If you are feeling mentally, emotionally or physically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please seek the help you need from a professional counsellor. Training/coaching may supplement therapy, but the work of training/coaching is meant to be done when major emotional and psychological wounds are already healing or healed.
In this spirit, before purchasing this retreat or other services from Heidi, you confirm that you have read and agree to each statement and that you wish to proceed:
- I understand that the coaching or other training services I will be receiving from Heidi are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that Heidi is not acting as a mental health counsellor or a medical professional.
- For legal purposes, I understand that coaching is currently an unregulated industry and that Heidi is not “licensed“ by any Canadian body even though the sessions may take place in the Canada.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching and other training sessions, and subsequent actions, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by Heidi are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to Heidi to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I understand that to the extent of our work together, that Heidi cannot and is not promising outcomes.
- I understand that Heidi will protect my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if Heidi is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, she will do so to the extent the law requires.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype, Facebook and other technology.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge Heid, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by Heidi as a result of the advice given by Heidi or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to me to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.